Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Week 30 Update

Holy cow I cannot believe I am already 30 weeks! It's been hard to find time to create my second post as I spent majority of the last week moving and spending time with Rocco before he left for North Carolina. 

So far I have had a fairly easy pregnancy. I never had morning sickness, no complications, no heart burn, etc. I battled with the first trimester fatigue but once I was 14-16 weeks I had my energy back. If anything my biggest struggle was that I had no appetite until right before the third trimester, nothing ever sounded good and therefore I didn't eat much which resulted in me not gaining much weight the first two trimesters (not complaining though). I have been able to continue my kick boxing workouts and cardio/weight lifting throughout my entire pregnancy which has also kept my energy levels up and has made me feel much more mobile and healthy. 

Now don't get me wrong, as much as I love being pregnant and love my growing belly there are some interesting things that begin happening in the third trimester as you get bigger. For one, I officially feel like a T-rex when I try to shave my legs, wash my body, or put my shoes on. I no longer care what my toes look like because I cannot even imagine trying to bend over to paint them (sorry Rocco). Personal hygiene goes down the tube in the 3rd trimester  (my hair is about 90% dry shampoo, heck no I'm not shaving, yes I'm wearing my maternity leggings for the 3rd day in a row). Getting up off the couch and out of bed is almost comical (kind of like a turtle stuck on its back). The bathroom has become my second home (take one sip of water, run to the bathroom to pee). My belly has officially become a crumb catcher (saving that for later, oh there's where that peanut butter went). When sitting down in any chair I automatically "assume the position", sliding down into the chair until I'm in a reclining position, and if you expect me to get up to do something you are wrong because once I finally sit I am not moving. The first thing I pay attention to when I go to a public place is where the nearest restroom is. I now understand why cross walks take forever to count down when crossing the street because I now walk like a sumo wrestler. I refuse to wear shoes that tie, you try tying a shoe with your leg in distorted positions. And I officially am tired of answering the SAME questions over and over again at work and seriously considering wearing a shirt that says "yes I'm pregnant, due in March, it's a boy, I feel great". 

Next week is my next check up and from here on out I will have 2 and 1 week check ups which makes me really excited. I will try to post an update later next week after my appointment. Until next time :)


30 Weeks :)


-Cara

No comments:

Post a Comment